Vaginal Cosmetic Surgery
At Associated Plastic Surgeons S.C. in Chicago, we offer an array of procedures for vaginal cosmetic surgery. This is a relatively new field of cosmetic surgery and according to the American Association of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), is currently the fastest growing procedure.
However, it is still fairly unknown and not performed as often as breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, or liposuction, for example, which show up in the "top five" cosmetic surgeries. Vaginal cosmetic surgery is also known as vaginal rejuvenation, and the term covers several different procedures:
- Labiaplasty — reduction of excess tissue in the labia minora and sometimes also the labia majora
- Augmentation Labiaplasty — transfer of fat from another body part for plumping the labia majora
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation — use of a laser to excise vaginal tissue
- Hymenoplasty — restoration of the hymen, usually done for social, cultural or religious reasons
- Vulvar Lipoplasty — removal of excess fat from the mons pubis
- Clitoral Hood Reduction — reduction of the tissue covering the clitoris
These procedures can be done in combination with other cosmetic surgeries, such as tummy tucks. The most commonly done are labiaplasty and vaginal rejuvenation. You can read more on our Labiaplasty Myths page.
Why Have a Labiaplasty?
A Gynecologist or a Plastic Surgeon For Your Labiaplasty?
Questions About G-Shot®
If you would like to learn more about possible surgeries and which would be the best option for you, please call one of our offices — Chicago or Arlington Heights — or send our cosmetic surgeon an email. We will be glad to schedule a personal vaginal cosmetic surgery consultation for you. Chicago Plastic Surgeon Dr. Placik can give you clear answers to your questions, and describe what each possible procedure could do for you. We look forward to meeting with you soon.